Thursday 1 December 2011

Helpful tips

It's that time of year again - gift giving.  And if you are like the majority of us out there, it is not the act of giving which often involves the scratch (or two, or three) of the head, it is the actual choosing of the gift which causes the migraine!  So to help, especially me, I have gone around the office asking my colleagues to share some Christmas gift buying tips:- 

 

Browse the Magnetic Therapy online store now

 

Alison: "Watch and learn when you're out and about with someone. See if they linger over something in a shop window, then turn away because it's too frivolous. They want it really so it would make a perfect gift! Ideally, a gift should be desirable but not necessary - a delightful treat."


Helen: "I may be 36 but my parents have never grown out of my hand-made gifts. They love it when I make something unique specially for them. Even if you're not very arty, there are gifts which can be personalised easily, such as Pandora-style and charm bracelets."


Steven: "Snoop around! If you get a chance look around their house to find out their hobbies. If not, you could look at their MySpace or Facebook pages for ideas."


Jason: "I’m getting my dad a remote control car. He’s in his sixties but men are always kids inside."


Louise: "I had a photo of my Mum and Dad turned into a jigsaw. There are several places online for doing this. However, I shouldn’t have chosen a picture in which they were both wearing black. It took Mum ages to finish it!"   



Like the tips, why not read the expert opinion in our Gift Giving Tips from the Experts blog (click here) now.  Or post us a comment, or share with us your own gift giving tips in the "Post a comment" link below.  



 

No comments:

Post a Comment